COVID Operational Changes: click here for gear rental and office hour instructions
Office Hours Below
The office is located at 3480 rue McTavish, room 426.
Learn to whitewater kayak in the McGill gym pool! Thursdays 9:00-10:30 PM. No experience necessary. Sign up by emailing email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or stopping at an office hour!
You need to be a member to go on exec run trips, rent gear from us, and stay at our house. You do not need a membership to join the listserv (see below). Memberships are good for 365 days. Come into an office hour to sign up (calendar at the bottom).
Fees are $20 for McGill Students, $25 for all others. You can now purchase memberships ONLINE. Fees are $25 for everyone, so McGill Students get a slight discount for purchasing in the office. Select "Generic Online Membership" when you purchase your membership. Otherwise, you can purchase memberships at one of our office hours. Our office takes cash, check, and debit!
Make sure you confirm your email address after you sign up to receive email receipts and reminders to return your gear and renew your membership!
Join our email list of 3,000+ people to get updates on what the MOC is up to! You do not need to be a member to join the list.
To sign up or unsubscribe, see our website here: http://www.mcgilloutdoorsclub.ca/online/listserv
To send a message to the list email email@example.com. PLEASE REMEMBER NOT TO HIT REPLY ALL UNLESS ALL 3,000+ PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW!
Things that are OK for the list:
- Asking advice for planning a trip
- Offering or requesting a ride for an outdoors trip you have planned or to the MOC house
- Important safety information (gear recalls, dangerous conditions)
- Selling used outdoors gear (within reason, please do not spam if no one wants it!)
- Information on courses that may be of interest to the MOC (WFA, mountaineers skills, etc)
Things that are NOT OK on the list:
- Offering or requesting a ride somewhere not for the outdoors (ie Toronto and NYC are not ok, but if you are doing a road trip to Vancouver to visit all the national parks and want people to come with you, post it!)
- Roommate requests
- Any plans involving illegal activities
- Generally, anything not outdoors related
If you're not sure that your message is right for the list, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll let you know!
We rent out a lot of outdoors gear! How much, you ask? Click the "Inventory" button at the top of the page to browse what we have available and our pricing! Please note that you need to be a member (see the relevant section above) to rent gear and you cannot reserve gear ahead of time. Come into an office hour (see the calendar at the bottom) and we'll hook you up!
You will also need to leave us some form of deposit. This can be
- a credit card imprint that we will keep on file until your membership expires. We won't charge anything to it upfront! (Preferred)
- a one-time check for the total replacement value of the gear that we will return to you when you return the gear
- a perma-cheque (undated, made out for $400.01) that we will keep on file until your membership expires
The maximum time that you can rent is 4 weeks unless you are given explicit permission from email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. The maximum per person is three of the same kind of item, one tent, and two crash pads.
If you return your gear late, late fees are charged daily at a rate of 1/7 of the weekly rental price. This means if you are a week late returning your gear, you essentially just paid another week of rental fees.
Our office accepts cash and debit to pay rental and late fees!
The MOC owns and operates a house in the town of Prevost, about an hour north of Montreal! For over sixty years, the MOC has offered its members a chance to escape the stresses of the city by staying at our House in the Laurentian town of Prevost! Located 45 minutes north of Montreal by car, the House is a great place to relax and spend the night after a day of hiking, climbing, skiing, shinny, or swimming! The house is heated and has a two stove kitchen, four bedrooms, and two bathrooms.
How to stay at the House: Fill out the booking request calendar and form located on our website here. The House and Assistant House execs will receive your request and approve or deny it (based on house capacity, which is 15).
Each MOC member is allowed to bring up to 2 non-member guests.
$15 first night
$10 all subsequent nights
$5 camping outside (ONLY if house is full)
$20 first night
$15 all subsequent nights
$10 camping outside (ONLY if house is full)
Our office is at 3480 rue McTavish, room 426.